As part of the implementation of Donbassenergo's Environmental Protection Policy and the functioning of the environmental management system, the Company developed and approved its Goals and Objectives for 2017
1. To ensure the implementation and efficient operation of the environmental management system in accordance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 14001:2015:
- to provide all the necessary resources for implementation and operation of the environmental management system, to have the EMS compliance with requirements of ISO 14001:2015 confirmed by an international certification authority.
This task is solved through:
- development of unified approaches to managing environmental aspects and risks, mandatory procedures for the operation of the EMS in the Company;
- training of personnel in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015;
- introduction of mandatory EMS procedures;
- efficiency analysis of the existing EMS;
- analysis of the results of verification and development of corrective measures;
- pre-certification audit with the subsequent elimination of the identified non-conformities;
- confirmation of the existing EMS’s compliance with the requirements of the international standard by the international certification authority.
2. To manage efficiently the identified environmental aspects in order to prevent their development up to the level of significant risk:
- to carry out all the necessary measures for the management of environmental aspects, according to the identified management procedures based on the fulfilled assessment of environmental aspects.
3. To ensure the compliance of facilities with technical specifications and performance of technological operations in order to prevent negative impact on the environment:
- to carry out preventive measures aimed at preventing negative consequences for the environment in the performance of business activities – repair and preventive work for boiler and cleaning equipment of 7A and 7B sections of power unit no.7, as well as boilers no. 6, 7 of the non-block part.
4. To reduce gross emissions of solid substances to 154 tonnes per year:
- to reduce the concentration of solid substances' emissions from tank semitrailers to 50 mg/m3 due to the reconstruction of the dust-cleaning equipment of the dust preparation shop: stage 1 - development and approval of design and working documentation for reconstruction of the dust-capture unit – will be completed by the end of 2017.
5. To reduce auxiliary consumption of electricity:
- to reduce consumption of electricity by replacing fluorescent lamps with LED energy-saving lamps.
6. To ensure the conservation of aquatic biological resources:
- to reduce the influence of Slavianskaya TPP's operations on bioresources by installing a fish protective electrogradient device of EGRZ-M type at coastal pumping station no.2.
7. To introduce the system for accounting and rational use of process water:
- to introduce an automated system for control over the use of process water to promptly receive reliable data on flow rates and volume of water taken by coastal pumping stations no. 1 and no. 2a, including generation of operator's logs and reports. Stage 1 – development and approval of the design documentation – will be completed by the end of 2017.